All businesses, no matter how small or large, are constantly faced with physical risks – including burglaries. Burglaries are possibly one of the most stressful risks to a business as they can cause considerable, long lasting damage.
The financial implications of a burglary can be substantial depending on the scale of the event. Post burglary, owners not only lose the money and value of the items stolen, but the damage caused and (possible) closures mean further financial losses.
The damage of a burglary doesn’t stop at finances. The psychological effects can leave owners feeling stressed, exhausted and anxious. This doesn’t just stop with the owner; employees too can be left feeling unsafe in their workplace.
They say prevention is the best cure, so here are some tips you can implement to help prevent your business from being burgled.
- Install steel shutters as they are difficult to break through, therefore preventing burglars gaining access through the window or door.
- Leave lights switched on, even if it just a few, during the night to keep the premises well lit. This increases the likelihood of intruders being noticed, especially on camera. Smart lights allow you to set schedules, so your lights switch on and off at certain times, keeping your business well lit to reduce liability.
- Installing security glass can be incredibly beneficial to your business, especially if shutters are not an option. Security glass comes in different options with the primary ones being laminated and tempered. These types of glass are incredibly resistant making them difficult to penetrate.
- Always empty cash tills at the End Of Day and hide the till in a safe, locked place. Also, it is good to leave the till drawer open so possible intruders can see that the cash has been removed.
- Strategically position CCTV cameras, both inside and outside of the premises. Place at least one camera at any entrances to capture anyone entering and leaving.
- Consider Smart Video Monitoring options as it alerts you straight to your phone or tablet if motion has been detected. You can also view all of your cameras’ feeds within one centralised dashboard.
- An obvious tip but incredibly important – install an intruder alarm. Smart business security alerts you the moment the alarm has been activated so you always know what is going on.
- Install smart locks as a safer alternative to keys. Smart locks eliminate the danger of stolen or cut keys, as locking/unlocking can be done remotely and user codes can be issued to employees.
Business Automation is effective in keeping businesses secure. To learn more about Smartzone’s Business Security System call our Sales Team on 0214966248 or visit the Business Page on our website.