The energy used by Irish households is staggering. As much as 1/4 of Ireland’s energy use is created from the residential sector.
The findings which come from an SEAI report has also found that since 2014 the residential sector has begun to see a rise in carbon emissions from Irish homes.
Oil Heating still remains at the top when it comes to home heating methods. This type of heating accounts “for 37% of all final energy used in the residential sector in 2016”.
Any increase in, or failure to decrease, energy use is having serious consequences for our planet and our society. The effects of high energy use includes increased carbon footprint, increased energy costs and a reduction in energy supply.
Houses built pre-2006 are eligible for an SEAI grant which covers the costs of implementing heating controls in your home. Smartzone are one of the only companies in Ireland that provide heating controls with a smart security bundle at no extra cost. This means that we charge only for the security package at €199 installation fee and don’t charge for heating controls. The reason we do this is because we can claim the SEAI grant on your behalf meaning you can relax and leave all the hefty paperwork to us.
So, if you’re not fully convinced yet here are some reasons you need to implement heating controls into your home.
- As mentioned above, there are many unappealing consequences to failing to reduce your energy use. Losing control of your heating schedule raises your carbon footprint further harming the earth. With Smartzone, you can easily control your schedule through our app meaning you have control and full knowledge of your energy use.
- Save money. When using energy controls our customers can see savings of up to €300 per year!
- All in one app. At Smartzone we like to make your life as easy as possible. This is why all our services are controllable under one app, which can be used on a mobile phone and tablet. You can change the temperatures downstairs or upstairs with the simple touch of a button.
- Works to your schedule. Our heating controls and smart thermostat work intelligently with out Smartzone hub. In doing so, the hub tracks where you are in the house or if you’ve even left. the heating controls adjust to where you are. If you are out picking up messages the smart thermostat will decrease the temperature in your home to save one energy. It can also recognise when you have left a window or door open to reduce temperatures accordingly.
- Ultimate comfort. As well as saving energy, the thermostat learns how you spend your day in your home to create a warm, comfortable atmosphere in a perfect temperature room that suits you.
- Easy installation. Our products are wireless ensuring that installation is easy, straightforward and doesn’t interfere with your schedule.